Located in Paris, the Firm advises and acts on a regular basis on matters regarding trademark law, design and model law, and domain name law. The Firm assists its clients for the protection of their industrial property rights worldwide.
The specificity of the Firm is that it acts in all areas relating to trademark law, both in transactional and litigation matters, but also by handling the management of trademark portfolios.
DE BAECQUE FAURE BELLEC is therefore able to offer its clients a centralized management of their trademarks, via a single contact, who is notably able to:
– develop an effective strategy for each of the clients, customized to its markets, to the actors thereof, and to the position which is being sought, while anticipating the potential litigation risks;
– conduct their defense if litigation does become necessary;
– complete due diligence work on brand portfolios, in particular in the context of M&A transactions.
The principal services provided by the Firm in relation to trademark law include:
- Carrying out searches for prior trademarks (recherches d’antériorités), in order to verify the availability of the contemplated trademark;
- Preparing the filing of the trademark application in France (INPI), within the European Union (EuiPo), and worldwide (WIPO, national filings in cooperation with our network of correspondent law firms);
- Ensuring the surveillance of the trademarks, in order to avoid their being identically reproduced or imitated by unauthorized third parties, notably via opposition or counterfeiting actions;
- Representing clients before the civil and criminal courts by organizing the search for evidence: bailiffs’ reports, reports on web-based content, seizure of counterfeit goods;
- Branding of trademark portfolios by negotiating and drafting assignment agreements, license agreements, or any other trademark co-existence agreements;
- Defining a coherent strategy for registering domain names, whether in relation to generic extensions (.com .net .org, etc.), national extensions (.fr, .co.uk, .de, etc.), or in relation to all new thematic extensions (.shop, .paris, .immo, .hotel, etc.). The Firm can also monitor registrations and defend clients before the arbitral tribunals (g., in UDRP proceedings) or the courts.